- Why is Almondie superior to raw almonds?
- How many almonds are contained in one tablespoon of Almondie Almond
- Why peel our almonds?
- What is the nutritional value of Almondie Almond Butter?
- How can I prepare and serve Almondie?
- As a nursing mother, why should I choose Almondie Almond Butter over
any other almond butter on the market?
- Are you Kosher?
- What is the shelf life of Almondie Almond butter?
- I was expecting a product similar to peanut butter, just made with
almonds. Why is my jar of Almondie so creamy?
- Are the almonds in Almondie 100% NON-GMO certified?
1. Why is Almondie superior to raw almonds?
- Our almond butter is produced from almonds which have had their thin inner peels
removed during our manufacturing process. Almond peels contain tannic acid and enzyme
inhibitors, which may contribute to indigestion. This process makes Almondie more
digestible than raw almonds.
- If consumed whole, the nutrients from almonds are not completely absorbed into the
bloodstream. Almondie Almond Butter is produced from ground almonds. The grinding
process breaks down the cellular structure of the almonds and exposes all of the
nutrients that comprise almonds to the digestive system.
2. How many almonds are contained in one tablespoon of Almondie
There are approximately 6 almonds in a tablespoon.
3. Why peel our almonds?
At Almondie, we remove the thin inner peels of our almonds in order to increase
the digestibility of our almond butter. The thin inner peels of almonds contain
tannic acid and enzyme inhibitors, both of which hinder the digestive system. Almondie’s
goal is to manufacture a product which will be suitable for anyone, including those
suffering from digestive issues and other medical conditions.
4. What is the nutritional value of Almondie Almond Butter?
Almondie is packed with powerful nutrients that promote good health. When you ingest
Almondie, your body is receiving much more than a tasty peanut butter substitute
or a refreshing beverage. Almondie is rich in many nutrients, vitamins, and minerals,
including protein, calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, zinc, copper, riboflavin,
Vitamin B2, and Vitamin E.
is necessary for growing, maintaining, and repairing cells
and body tissue. Almondie's protein is vegetable-derived and therefore does not
adversely affect your cholesterol levels or aggravate potential cardiovascular problems.
In fact, various studies have indicated that eating almonds may have a beneficial
effect on your cardiovascular system and cholesterol.
Sufficient calcium intake
is essential for maintaining bone density,
thus preventing osteoporosis. Almondie's calcium is vegetable-derived and completely
absorbed in your body. Calcium also has a natural antacid effect which both prevents
and treats acid indigestion. Calcium is essential for blood clotting, muscle contracting,
and building and strengthening bones and teeth.
facilitates muscle relaxation and nerve transmission
as well as producing energy.
is necessary for many cellular functions. It is also
critical for your heart to function properly.
transports oxygen to the cells in the body. It is essential
for healthy red blood cells. Adequate iron intake prevents anemia due to iron deficiency.
is important for the functionality of your immune system,
healing wounds, growth and development, and sperm production.
helps the body release energy and facilitates the formation
of collagen, which is the body's connective tissue.
facilitates tissue growth and repair. Riboflavin also
promotes normal vision and healthy skin.
prevents damage to cell membranes promotes fertility.
Almondie helps to fulfill your USDA daily recommendation for many vitamins and minerals.
All of these nutrients are easily absorbed and used by the body.
The non-dairy, non-animal protein in Almondie is particularly suitable to vegetarians
as well as other healthy adults who wish to limit their intake of cholesterol.
Those allergic to peanuts can enjoy Almondie as a peanut butter substitute.
5. How can I prepare and serve Almondie?
Almondie is a versatile product that can be prepared and served in many different
- Add it to oatmeal or other hot cereal for a delicious, nutritious breakfast.
- Mix it with any vegetables or fruit: purees, cooked or raw.
- Mix it into soups, yogurts or other blended foods.
- Use it as a peanut butter substitute and spread on bread or crackers with jam, jelly,
honey or chocolate spread.
- Make it into a dip or spread.
- Dilute it with water for a quick drink, or add it to enrich regular milk.
- Use it as a milk substitute.
- Add it to coffee or tea instead of cream.
- Use it before or after meals, to prevent or treat indigestion. Eat 1 heaping teaspoon
Almondie with ½ glass water, alternating between the Almondie and the sips of water.
6. As a nursing mother, why should I choose Almondie Almond
Butter over any other almond butter on the market?
Adding Almondie Almond Butter to your daily diet can have the following positive
effects on your body:
- It eases your digestive system and eliminates digestive acids from breast milk,
minimizing the following digestive issues in your nursing child:
- General discomfort
Almondie only uses almonds that have had their thin inner peels removed during our
production process. After our almonds have been peeled, they are immediately ground
using a unique cold press process exclusive to EdenNuts products. Thus, Almondie
Almond Butter is completely raw and retains all of the nutritional properties of
our original sustainably-grown almonds.
This whole process boosts the digestibility of Almondie Almond Butter for the following
- The almond peel is full with tannic acid and enzyme inhibitors, both of which may
contribute to indigestion
- The grinding process eases the process of distributing the almonds’ nutrients throughout
Almondie Almond Butter also contains a large amount of calcium and other minerals
and vitamins that are essential for your child’s development.
7. Are you Kosher?
Yes. All EdenNuts Nut Butters are under the supervision of the Badatz Eida Chareidis
in Jerusalem, one of the strictest koshrus agencies in the world. All of EdenNuts
Nut Butters ingredients are Kosher-Pareve.
8. What is the shelf life of Almondie Almond butter?
After opening Almondie Almond Butter, be sure to store it in a cool dry place, or
in the refrigerator. The shelf life is around 1 year. After a while, the almond
butter may become hard and the natural oil may separate and float to the top. This
is perfectly normal. To reincorporate the natural almond oils into the almond butter,
simply mix it manually or with a hand mixer.
9. I was expecting a product similar to peanut butter, just
made with almonds. Why is my jar of Almondie so creamy?
Almondie is an almond butter with an especially creamy texture and delicious taste.
Almondie is one product with a dual purpose. Principally, it’s an almond butter,
but it can also be used as an almond milk concentrate when combined with water.
You expected to receive a product with the firm texture you associate with peanut
butter. Instead, your jar of Almondie was creamy and runny. Emulsifiers are the
chemical ingredients that give peanut butter a firm consistency by combining the
natural peanut oils with the ground peanuts. Our dedication to pure and raw ingredients
means a creamier, purer texture without any preservative, additives or sugars added.
Please note, sometimes the natural almond oil separates from the butter solids.
Simply mix the butter thoroughly until you reach the right consistency.
10. Are the almonds in Almondie 100% NON-GMO certified?
Yes! The almonds we use are 100% NON-GMO certified. Our Almondie almond butter is
truly RAW! The almonds in Almondie are not steamed or heat treated in any way! It
is made from CA almonds that are sold to our company totally RAW! Attached, you
will find a letter from Hilltop Ranch Inc. confirming that all Almondie almonds
are indeed 100% raw and unpasteurized. Since our almonds are immediately shipped
out of California, they are not subject to the mandatory pasteurization statute.
Download 100% NON-GMO certification (pdf)
Download 100% NON-GMO certification (jpg)