Osteoporosis and Almonds
Osteoporosis is one of the most common illnesses in the US, with over 10 million
currently suffering from symptoms of osteoporosis, a condition in which bones lose
their density and are highly susceptible to fractures. Statistically, about 50%
of women and 25% of men in the US will experience an osteoporosis-related fracture.
The causes of osteoporosis are yet to be determined, but there are several well-documented
- Since women generally have lower bone density than men, they have a higher risk
of contracting osteoporosis.
- Asian and Caucasian females
- Fine bone structure
- Family history
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Poor nutrition
- Low estrogen levels
- Loss of menstrual period in younger women, commonly due to an eating disorder
- Vitamin D deficiency
- Vitamin D facilitates calcium absorption in your body
- Smoking cigarettes
There is a variety of methods of diagnosing osteoporosis.
- The low bone density that is characteristic of osteoporosis will show up on x-rays;
however, by the time it does, approximately 30% of the bone is lost.
- DXA (dual energy x-ray absorptiometry scan)
- This procedure measures the density of spinal and hip bones with great accuracy
- Bone mineral density test
Although there are several forms of medication for treating osteoporosis, among
them estrogen, raloxifene (Evista), and biphosphonates, the most effective treatment
is of a preventative nature. A lifestyle change may be necessary in order to prevent
osteoporosis – cutting back on or quitting cigarettes, increasing your daily intake
of vitamin D and calcium, and improving your nutritional habits. In addition to
the tremendous amount of pain associated with osteoporosis, there is also a significant
economic detriment thanks to days of work lost and the amount of osteoporosis-related
disability. Small lifestyle changes can dramatically improve your quality of life
in your later years.
Almondie and osteoporosis
Almondie Almond Butter naturally contains a high quantity of calcium. 100 grams
of almond butter contains almost 30% of your recommended intake of calcium. Almondie
Almond Butter supplemented with vitamin D can effectively contribute to preventing
Combat osteoporosis by ordering your supply of Almondie Almond Butter today.